Guidelines for Use and Distribution of Copyrighted Materials
Wellness Recovery Action Plan ® and WRAP® are registered trademarks. The books, software, videos, and audio CDs developed by Mary Ellen Copeland are protected by copyright. All rights are reserved by the author. Any copying, translation, or inclusion in other materials for distribution must be approved in advance, in writing.
Contact us before you begin any project which includes copying, excerpting, revising or translating Mary Ellen’s Mental Health Recovery and WRAP® resources. Email or mail a detailed description of what you propose doing, who will receive the materials, how much you will charge for them, how many copies you intend to produce, and where they will be distributed. Each year, an updated report detailing these elements should be submitted.
- There are clear guidelines in the front of the Facilitator Manual that describe what parts of the manual can be copied and given out to group, workshop, and seminar participants. You can copy and give out the handouts in Section 3 and the transparency thumbnail sketches in Section 2. You cannot copy and distribute Section 1 except for pages that are clearly forms to be filled out by facilitators.
- All copies of handouts, thumbnail sketches and forms need to be clearly attributed as follows:
Copyright by Mary Ellen Copeland, PO Box 301, W. Dummerston, VT 05357 Phone: (802) 254-2092
Website: http://www.WRAPandRecoveryBooks.com. All rights reserved.
Wellness Recovery Action Plan® and WRAP® are registered trademarks.
- You cannot take portions of this facilitator manual, even the handouts and thumbnail sketches, or any other resources copyrighted by Mary Ellen Copeland, and include it in another manual or materials you develop for distribution within your agency or outside of your agency without written permission from the author.
- You cannot copy any of the books or resources copyrighted by Mary Ellen Copeland without written permission. You cannot copy more than three pages of any of these books for distribution to groups without the author’s written permission. If pages are clearly forms to be filled out, they can be copied and distributed if they include the attribution information in #2 above.
- You cannot put copies of copyrighted resources on the web without the author’s written permission.
- You cannot purchase copies of these materials and then sell them on the web without the permission of the author.
- You need written permission from the author before translating for distribution any of the copyrighted resources by Mary Ellen Copeland.
- The names Wellness Recovery Action Plan® and WRAP® are trademarked and cannot be used to describe any other plan or piece of work other than the plan described in the book Wellness Recovery Action Plan (M. Copeland, Peach Press, Dummerston, VT 2002) and other books authored and published by Mary Ellen.
- The Wellness Recovery Action Plan® is, as described in the resources Mary Ellen developed, a set format that includes a listing of Wellness Tools, a Daily Maintenance Plan, Triggers and a Triggers Action Plan, Early Warning Signs and an Early Warning Signs Action Plan, When Things are Breaking Down and an Action Plan, a specific Crisis Plan or Advance Directive, and a Post Crisis Plan. If you remove parts of this plan or change the order of the parts, it can no longer be called WRAP®. However, it is not legal to change WRAP® so that it is still recognizable as WRAP® and then call it something else.
- There are many free resources on our website http://www.mentalhealthrecovery.com/ that you can copy and distribute with the appropriate attribution in #2 above. Also the booklet series Mary Ellen developed for the SAMHSA is not copyrighted. Those materials are in the public domain and can be used as you would like. You can order them at www.samhsa.gov.
Again, if you have any question about use of the mental health recovery and WRAP® materials written and published by Mary Ellen Copeland, contact us directly. The best way is by e-mail at email@example.com. You can also call (802) 254-2092 or write Mary Ellen Copeland, PO Box 301, W. Dummerston, VT 05357.